I used to be an avid reader .Key word here : ‘Used’ , which sadly is something I haven’t been getting to in the last year. 2014 was the worst reading year, hardly got through any books. The one’s I started with, well… they are bookmarked somewhere in the initial pages lying in a pile on the desk. The reasons for this is simple: busy schedule, procrastination, laziness, distraction and just general careless attitude; all of which I am ashamed of. Sort of.
So this year I have some reading goals a.k.a Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge. Being realistic,I have set a goal of 15 books this year — too less I know, but better than the previous year blunder– across various genres which I damn well hope to complete. Any additional reads would be super !(in which case this post will be updated to include the new additions) .
- All The Light We Cannot See -Anthony Doerr
- Money- Martin Amis
- Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe – J. Randy Taraborrelli
- Gather Together In My Name – Maya Angelou
- The Salinger Contract – Adam Langer
- With or Without You – Domenica Ruta
- Night Train – Martin Amis / Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- All The Bright Places -Jennifer Niven
- Dance of Happy Shades – Alice munro
- Illusion of Separateness – Simon Van Booy
- Evil Eye – Joyce Carol Oates
- Full Dark No Stars – Stephen King
- The Girl With All The Gifts – M.R Carey
- Songs for Teenage Nomad – Kim Culbertson
- The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt
What is on your reading list this year?