Daily Prompt: 2100.The language of the future: what will it be like? Write an
experimental post using some imagined vocabulary — abbreviations, slang,
Warning: This post is highly cynical,not to be taken seriously.
From the way things are going — in terms of language — I think it’s going to be pretty dumbed down in future.
I thnk ppl r gna talk lke ths.
Talk is merely a word in the above sentence, they would just type it out on their micro devices (presumably something the size of a wrist watch or a pocket clock) . For all I know we may even come full circle to sign language. We just love to make everything so simple don’t we and that is what makes this so called future language sound and look gibberish.
A book published in future would be in Texting language (unless it already has been,has it?) .The current languages would be ancient enough to be put up in a linguistic museum. And some scholar (every century has one) from future would predict exactly when the human race dumbed down and talked in gibberish.
That’s all for now I guess.
C ya .
- I Have Invented A New Language Called Talk-Texting
- Daily Prompt: 2100 (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Facebook, Twitter or TweetBook? (tessross.wordpress.com)
- Let’s talk, no matter how (vivirquenoespoco.wordpress.com)
- Who are you? I’m 143392|||||/\\_|||||#6672, of course. (thoughtsofrkh.wordpress.com)
- The Life of i | JC Bride ~
- The Future of Arguing with Henry Longfellow, Brought to You by Star Trek | The Arkside of Thought
- Bacon Nation | My OCD Diaries
- An Interview With William Shakespeare | The Jittery Goat
- Slang? No, Thank you! | Life Confusions