Daily Prompt: Practice Makes Perfect?. Tell us about a talent you’d love to have… but don’t.Talent of public speaking! Why? Because I am so very bad at it. People usually speak of this amazing out-of-body experience, guess what you wouldn’t want that when you’re giving a speech.When you can’t even hear your own voice cause you are so light-headed. For me the whole experience is like a mutant taking possession of me and blabbering(aka verbal diarrhea ) and just being horrible about it. What a nightmare!
For all those reasons I envy people with good public speaking skills and I admire them.It’s great to see people talking in such a carefree manner at the same time engaging their audience.Who cares if they are not as charming off stage or limelight . That is one talent I would LOVE to have. Or rather NEED to have . Statistically it is estimated that 74% of all people suffer from Glossophobia. No wonder.
Wish there was a talent trade off, I’d do away with my awesome procrastination abilities for this. 😉
- Glossophobia (forgivememynonsense.wordpress.com)
- How I Beat My Fear of Public Speaking
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking
- Have A Talent? | Tony’s Texts
- Talent? Maybe. Or How to Burn Water. « RPMAS
- Invisibility | Godrick Gnomish
- Just Noise (Depapepe Fan) | Daily Prompt: Practice Makes Perfect? | likereadingontrains
- Oh, For The Joy To Play Anything | The Jittery Goat
- A Daily Prompt Poem: Talent « Vicariously Poetic
- Moods and melody | Crossroads